What is SAP SuccessFactors?
SuccessFactors is developed on Software as a Service model (SaaS), and is a cloud-based solution and allows organizations to manage various HR functions like recruiting, tracking people performance, business alignment etc. on the cloud environment.
SuccessFactors was founded in 2001 by Lars Dalgaard and is one of the leading SaaS performance, compensation, learning, and talent management vendors based in San Mateo, California
Acquisition by SAP
On December 3, 2011, SAP AG and SuccessFactors announced about the acquisition of SuccessFactors by the SAP America, Inc., the subsidiary of SAP. Thereafter SuccessFactors would retain its name and acts as independent as an SAP company. On February 16, 2012, the acquisition was completed.
To expand their recruitment product offering, SAP, later in 2014 acquired KMS for On-boarding.
SuccessFactors has acquired quite a few companies before its acquisition by SAP in 2012.
Infohrm (Australian-based HR analytics business), YouCalc (Denmark based SaaS service), Plateau, Jobs2Web, Inc are acquired in Feb’10, Oct’10, April’11, Dec’11 respectively.
There are two deployment models with SAP SF
- Talent Hybrid
- Full Cloud HCMWhat is Employee Central?
SuccessFactors Employee Central focuses on core operational processes and it is an integration of HCM web-based applications. It manages the main HR operations.
Here are few most important features of SuccessFactors’ Employee Central.
- Since SuccessFactors is a cloud platform and manages once in a quarter, Employee Central can track the changing workforce structure of an organization.
- It can manage various events that occur in the life cycle of an employee like promotions, job transfers, new hire, new assignments, and many others in Employee Central.
- Integration of SuccessFactors Employee Central to ERP provides better quality HR solution.
- Outsourcing functions, integration with other third-party products, cloud solution portfolios etc. are some other services provided by SuccessFactors.
Key features of SAP SuccessFactors
- HR Transactions
- Changes and Transfers
- Position Management
- Time Off
- Payroll Time Sheets
- Reporting, Compliance, and Auditing
- Integration & Extensibility
- Learning and development
Companies using SAP SuccessFactors:
Hilton, Siemens AG, Comcast, Advanced Micro Devices, and Wal-Mart
Stay tuned to Uptodatenews.in for more interesting & trending information. Press ctrl+D for easy navigation.