Xiaomi Redmi Y2
- The Xiaomi Redmi Y2 is the successor to the Redmi Y2 which was launched earlier. The device sports a metal rear panel which easily fits in the palm thanks to the rounded edges. At the back, apart from the imaging sensor, there is a fingerprint reader which has been a trademark of Xiaomi smartphones.
- The imaging sensors at the front have undergone changes as the Redmi Y2 ships with a16-megapixel a front-facing camera which also is assisted with an LED flash to aid better selfish and video calls. At the back, there is the standard 12-megapixel lens which again has an LED flash to handle dim light photos and videos.
- Display and Connectivity.
- The Xiaomi Redmi Y2 flaunts a 5.99-inch HD+ display which does its job pretty well. The screen also offers good outdoor legibility and is paired with wide viewing angles which aid a better visual experience while watching videos and playing games.
- The Connectivity options that tag along with the Xiaomi Redmi Y2 include4G with Volte, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, a microbus 2.0 port, and support for dual SIM.
Performance and Storage
Under the hood, the device packs an octa-core Snapdragon 625 SoC which is paired with 3GB of RAM
to ensure seamless performance. The Xiaomi Redmi Y2 supports lag-free multitasking, and also you can
enjoy games without distressing the performance.
On the storage front, you get 32GB of expandable internal storage space which one can expand further
based on user requirements up to 256GB using the dedicated micros’ card slot.
Platform and Battery
Moving away from Nougat, the Xiaomi Redmi Y2 boots the Android 8.0 Oreo operating system out of the box.
For power, the Smartphone hosts a non-removable Li-Ion 3,080mAh battery which is expected to hold up
throughout the day for a moderate user.
Processor: The Redmi Y2 is powered by an octal-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor clubbed with Adriano 506 GPU.
RAM: The Redmi Y2 will be available in two RAM versions: 3GB and 4GB.
Screen: The Redmi Y2 comes with a 5.99-inch 'full-screen' HD+ display with a 1440x720p
resolution and 269ppi pixel density.
Rear camera: The Redmi Y2 comes with a dual rear camera system. The dual camera module on the
back comes with one 12-megapixel sensor (f/2.2) and another 5-megapixel sensor. The dual camera
setup is further assisted by PDAF and LED flash. And, it comes with lots and lots of artificial intelligence.
Internal storage: While the 3GB RAM version will ship with 32GB storage, the 4GB RAM version
will come with 64GB storage. All versions of the Redmi Y2 will support expandable storage of up to
256GB via a dedicated micro-SD card slot.
Front camera: On the front, the Redmi Y2 comes with a 16-megapixel camera with 'soft' LED flash
that also enables face to unlock.
Software: The Redmi Y2 runs Android Oreo-based MIUI 9.
Battery: The Redmi Y2 is backed by a 3,080mAh battery, and charges over standard micro-USB.
- Xiaomi launched the selfie-centric Redmi Y1 and Y1 Lite in India last year, and the Redmi Y2 is a
- gradual extension of that series because it's also a selfie-centric phone that' slight on the pocket. At
- the same time, unlike the Y1 and Y1 Lite, the Redmi Y2 also focuses a great deal on rear camera(s).
- And, to an extent, even on the design and build.
- The Redmi Y2 has a dual camera system on the rear — 12MP+5MP — with the secondary lens
- especially meant for taking portrait shots or photos with shallow depth of field. This setup uses AI to apparently help your portrait shots look better.